Sunday, April 01, 2007
Evanovich, Janet: Back to the Bedroom
ISBN: 0060887885

From the Publisher:

She was the mysterious woman in the long black cloak. He was the sexy guy next door. They shared a common wall between their Capitol Hill townhouses and not much else -- until disaster scored a direct hit on the mystery woman’s bedroom and the sexy guy’s heart. He baked her a cake, she learned to throw a football, there were some misunderstandings in the living room, some mishaps in the yard, and some romantic moments everywhere....


The above description makes the book sound much lamer that it actually is. I picked the book up because I recognized Evanovich's name, after reading the first book in the Stephanie Plum series, which I quite like. I thought that the book would be amusing, and at only 241 pages long, it would be worth taking a look at.

I was very pleasantly surprised. It's just a straight up romance, with lots of cut scenes (for those of you who aren't into played out sex). The couple meet when poor Kate has part of helicopter crash through her roof. At that point, it's David to the rescue, and he keeps rescuing her as things continue to go wrong.

Evanovich throws in a variety of characters - from uptight oboe players to burger-flipping-gun-carrying seniors, and even some special agent types. I found this book quite funny, and very easy to read. I understand that it was written long before Evanovich had brought Plum into the book world, and so it might not be as polished as her recent stuff... but I found it charming and delightful. I can't wait to read more from Janet Evanovich.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home