Saturday, April 07, 2007
Rowe, Stephanie: If the Shoe Fits
ISBN: 0505527006

From the Publisher:
When a car accident cuts short a runner's dreams, she turns to her new business and goes from running sneakers to designer heels in this finalist for the National Readers' Choice Award.

This is a book that I picked up from the library, just because I thought it would be cute. I mean, who doesn't like shoes and books about shoes? I am glad that I did - it turned out to be really good.

Basically, Paris (I know, right?) got into a car accident that ruined her running career, and her shot at the Olympics. She then got married, and divorced within a couple of months within her accident. This really messed her up and made her a total commitment-phobe, so when her kind-of boyfriend starts to change the intensity of the relationship after her ex shows up in town... well, it freaks her the heck out. Meanwhile, Paris and her 3 friends are trying to use a new technology to design the ultimate running shoe. After it flops, they face all sorts of trials and tribulations.

I think that If the Shoe Fits was actually a pretty fun book. I enjoyed it a lot, and will definitely pick up other books by Stephanie Rowe. She did an excellent job keeping me guessing as to which guy she ends up with, and in the end, I think she picked the right one (always helps you enjoy a book more!).

There's cut scenes in this book - no graphic sex, but definitely deals with adult themes (including sex and death), so I would still recommend that it's an "adults only" book - but one that most women would enjoy.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home