Saturday, January 27, 2007
Caine, Rachel: Firestorm
ISBN: 0451461045

From the Publisher:

Putting aside the personal chaos that has plagued her, rogue Weather Warden Joanne Baldwin must rally the remnants of the Weather Warden corps against a double threat-the Djinn who have broken free from Warden control, and a cranky Mother Earth who's about to unleash her full fury against the entire world.
Have you ever read a book where at the end you just think "CRAAAAAAAP... I wish I wouldn't have finished this one"? Yeah, I'm there right now. The book was so good. The characters were brilliant. The plot was seemless and easy to follow. But then ending? WAS SUCH A CLIFFHANGER!!! And? It's not fair because Thin Air doesn't come out until August or so. Poo.

Firestorm is number five in Rachel Caine's amazing Weather Warden series. I will say that I think it's her best to date. Jo, the main character, is trying to save the world from a very cranky Mother Earth, who's waking up to find her peaceful and orderly world changed to our present day mayhem. Jo has to jump through a million hoops, facing bad guys from the books before and new not-so-good guys.

It's a great book. I would really recommend this series to any adult who likes an edgy heroine who likes fast cars and good shoes. There is some language and at least one sex scene, so it might not be for everyone, but I'd definitely recommend it to those who aren't phased by that stuff. Seriously - great writing all around.


1 Comments:

Blogger Jenine said...

Hi! I followed your link off of Librarything. I'm always interested in what other people think of the books I enjoyed. I loved this one too and just wanted to stop by and let you know I enjoyed your review :-)

Post a Comment

<< Home