Monday, April 23, 2007
Cach, Lisa: A Babe in Ghostland

ISBN: 0743470907


From the Publisher:
Megan Barrows has retired from a brief career as a ghostbusting psychic and now uses her sixth sense to fill her Seattle antiques store with objects with happy pasts. After once nearly having the soul sucked out of her by a malevolent spirit, she prefers a quiet life.

Case Lambert is a real estate prospector who restores old houses, then sells them for profit. He has just bought a dilapidated mansion so amazing that he wants to keep it for himself, but the house appears to be haunted. Seriously haunted. A few inquiries lead him to Megan Barrows.

Megan at first refuses to help, but Case is a master of persuasion. Moving into the mansion, they discover that one of the ghosts has a thing for Case -- and there may be even more amorous spirits inside this veritable paranormal vortex. But it soon becomes clear that no one -- dead or alive -- can stop Megan and Case from ending up in each other's arms. . .


I finished this one a few days ago, but didn't get around to reviewing it... so it's not quite as fresh in my mind.

The things that I loved about it were as follows: I felt that it had a creep factor without being frightening, the characters were interesting and multi-dimensional, and the author had a good voice for the book.

The things I didn't like about it: I felt like some of the technical information was a bit much (as though the author wanted to show off that she did some research), I didn't like Eric (one of the characters, but that's to be expected), and there wasn't a great hook in the beginning.

I'm glad I picked this book up. It was an amusing way to pass a couple of hours, and I would recommend it to those who like ghost stories (and romances, as it is after all, a romance novel!). I'm not sure that I would recommend buying it, but it's definitely read-able, and a great book to borrow from a friend or the library.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home